Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hide and Seek

HIDE and SEEK. We all know the game we played as children and the joy we found in the simple task of seeking out those who were hidden or even being the one who was hiding! Today I was reading in Proverbs 8 and there were three verses that really stuck me!

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me." Proverbs 8:17 
and
"Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord."             Proverbs 8:34-35
 How do you seek God? The simple answer is scattered throughout the rest of Proverbs 8

LISTEN
(Proverbs 8:1, 6, 32, 34)

GAIN WISDOM
 (Proverbs 8)

This chapter of Proverbs is told through the eyes of Lady Wisdom and is written to give us insight into what can make us wise, So the next question, logically, is How does one gain wisdom? Wisdom comes from instruction.  In Proverbs 22:6 says:
"Train up a child in the way he should go"
This means learning from our parents and even a mentor. For those of us who have been Christians for a time should be seeking out "students" or others to mentor. Why? Did not Jesus go and seek out his disciples?!?! They did not come to him and ask to be taught, no he went out to them and said come follow me so that I can teach you to reach the World! 

Another way we gain wisdom is through reading the words of the Bible and through the many Christians who have come before us and learned from their experience. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 states:
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."
Always be in prayer and listen when you pray! You never know what kind of wisdom you will receive when you seek God in Prayer!

So God is the mystery (1 Corinthians 2:7) or that which is "hidden" and we are to seek Him out and learn and be loved! I know when I was little if we found someone we got giddy and jumped around and said "I found you!" The cool part is God also seeks out what is hidden in our hearts and exposes it so that we may be transformed and renewed and be closer to Him!!



This is my prayer for you:

I am weak but thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to thee
Just a closer walk with thee
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be
When my feeble life is over
Time for me will be no more
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To thy kingdom's shore, to thy shore
Just a closer walk with thee
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be


 

No comments:

Post a Comment