Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's the Little Things

Today I was sitting at my kitchen table just working on some homework and listening to a random top hits playlist when the song All of Me by John Legend came up.  I was mindlessly singing along while typing up my paper when I heard a second voice singing with me.  No one else was home so I looked around to see who could be singing with me and of course no one was there. So I stopped singing and the second voice remained and it completely drowned out the voice of John in the background.

Now this may sound crazy to some of you, but I believe that there is a God who works and speaks through anything. We do find an example of this in the Bible where God uses a donkey to get his word across to his prophet  Balaam. (If you care to read that story you will find it in Numbers 22).

As I was listening I teared up and when it got to the chorus and I was able to sing along with my savior.  For those of you who have read my previous blogs you will find that I have struggled with feeling that I am enough. Pretty enough, a good enough Christian, a good enough wife, or even a good enough person.  Now these are all lies the devil uses in my life playing off of my insecurities, yes I do think the devil knows my insecurities just as Christ does. I have allowed these lies to penetrate my life every now and again and they tend to wreck me. In fact sometimes I go into a mini depression because I just don't feel like what I am is enough, but today I was reminded through a song that God love ALL of me with All of Him no matter what.

Today I felt like God's favorite. Granted because he is omnipresent everyone is his favorite, but today I can say the love of my heavenly father poured out from heaven and broke me free of the insecurities I was feeling today. Now they may resurface, but this experience is one I will keep in my heart forever to use against those thoughts and take them captive as we are instructed to do in 2 Corinthians.

Praise God for all that is able to do for he is the true overcomer of all my fears, insecurities, sins, etc. 

So I will challenge you today to keep your heart, mind, eyes, and ears open because you never know when God will amaze you!

No comments:

Post a Comment